Record details of the participation of, or consultation with, a recognised entity in either the 'Recognised entity participation form' or the 'Recognised entity participation/Child placement principle form' in ICMS. This will include:
- all key information provided by the recognised entity
- information about the involvement of the recognised entity in Child Safety intervention with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander child and family, including their involvement in joint visits
- the recognised entity's views and contributions to planning and decision-making
- information about urgent circumstances when the RE was not given an opportunity to participate in decision-making including why the urgent action was required and how and when the recognised entity was consulted
- information about unsuccessful attempts to consult with or obtain the participation of the recognised entity in decision-making, including how and when the officer consulted with the recognised entity as soon as practicable after the decision or action
- information about significant decisions made by Child Safety when the recognised entity expressed divergent views about the approved course of action.
The case plan for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander child, including the cultural support plan, will also document the roles and responsibilities of Child Safety and the recognised entity in relation to decision-making and service delivery to the child and family.