This procedure outlines the process for enacting a warrant for the apprehension of a child subject to a child protection order granting custody or guardianship under the Child Protection Act 1999, within Queensland.
- A warrant is applied for, when a child who is subject to a child protection order granting custody or guardianship under the Child Protection Act 1999, has been unlawfully removed or withheld from a person’s custody or guardianship.
- The recognised entity is consulted for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
- QPS is advised and involved in the execution of the warrant.
- Information is recorded in ICMS in a timely manner.
- Child Protection Act 1999 , sections 171, 172, 173, 174