- Have I focused on the best interests of the child?
- Have I listened to the child? Is the child at the centre of my planning and decision-making?
- How are my actions impacting on the safety and well-being of the child?
- Are my actions contributing to continuity of relationships for the child?
- Is the child's experience reflected in my recording?
- Have I fully considered information that contradicts my assessment of the child's safety?
- Is my contact with the family respectful, informative and setting the scene or future work?
- What is the family's understanding of the child's needs?
- Have I involved the family in decision-making about their child?
- Are the goals for the family realistic and achievable?
- How am I enabling the family to meet the case plan goals?
- Are my actions focused on improving family functioning?
- Are my decisions transparent and does the family understand them?
- Do I understand the child and family's cultural background?
- Have I demonstrated respect for the family's culture in all my dealings with the family?
- Do I understand what is culturally important for this individual family?
- Are the child and family's cultural needs included in case planning?
- Have I given the RE the opportunity to be involved in signifi cant decisions about the child?
- Have I sought information from, and shared information with, all relevant agencies?
- Have I involved the child and family in decisions that impact on them?
- Have I worked collaboratively with foster and kinship carers?
- Have I interacted with other agencies' staff respectfully and professionally?
- Am I talking with those people that are important in the life of the child?
- Do I contribute to a culture of mutual respect and collaboration within my workgroup?