SMART is an online training program developed by the Australian Childhood Foundation and the Government of South Australia. Drawing on the latest research regarding abuse related trauma, the training was originally designed for a school context, however it is highly applicable to foster and kinship carers and other professionals working in child protection.
Information for trainers and participants
- To register, go to the SMART program website.
- The program is made up of ten learning modules. Participants work their way sequentially through each of the modules. Each module contains a mixture of slides, audio tracks, activities and knowledge checks.
- Each module takes a maximum of ten minutes to complete. Module 8 has been divided into sections to make it easy to run through - so it will take longer.
- The program can be accessed free-of-charge. To register, go to the SMART program website and follow the instructions. Once a you have registered, you can login at any time with your email address and password. Note: To participate, you will need to have access to a computer with Internet access and speakers.
- Upon completing the modules, participants are given a post-training questionnaire and, if successful, will be issued with a completion certificate.