Foster and Kinship Carer Card
Foster and Kinship Carer Card sample
The Foster and Kinship Carer Card was introduced by the Queensland Government to recognise the valuable contribution that foster and kinship families make.
The Foster and Kinship Carer Card has two purposes:
- To assist foster and kinship carers in their day-to-day fostering duties with easy identification to government agencies and hospitals.
- To provide access to a range of business discounts for foster and kinship carers to assist with their everyday caring costs. Participating businesses include automotive repairs, home maintenance, healthcare, accommodation and tourist attractions.
Approved foster and kinship carers throughout Queensland are eligible for the Foster and Kinship Carer Card.
In families with two carers, each carer will be issued with a card. The Foster and Kinship Carer Card is to be used only by the person listed on the card.
You are automatically entitled to a Foster and Kinship Carer Card when you are approved as a foster or kinship carer.
If you think you are eligible for a Foster and Kinship Carer Card but have not received one, please contact your Child Safety Officer to order a card on your behalf.
- The Foster and Kinship Carer Card is non-transferable and cannot be used by any other person.
- The confidentiality of the identity of a child or young person must be maintained. If a child or young person is present when the card is used, you must be careful not to disclose their identity.
- You must sign the signature block on the Foster and Kinship Carer Card before use.
- You are required to return the Foster and Kinship Carer Card immediately to your Child Safety Officer if you cease to be a carer.
- The Foster and Kinship Carer Card remains the property of the department.
- If your card is lost or stolen, or you change address or name, please advise your Child Safety Officer as soon as possible.
For further information please contact:
Need help with English?
Please contact your Child Safety Officer to assist you with accessing the Commonwealth Government Translating and Interpreting Service.