Community support groups have a key role to play in providing foster and kinship care related services throughout Queensland. They include:
Community agencies provide a range of services, including:
- foster and kinship carer recruitment
- foster carer training
- foster and kinship carer support
- placements for children and young people who require out-of-home care
- other child protection support services.
Contacts details for agencies throughout Queensland:
- CREATE Foundation - represents the interests of children and young people in care, with the aim of ensuring that they are afforded the same life opportunities as all young Australians.
- Foster Care Queensland (FCQ) - a non-government organisation that provides information, support and advocacy to all foster and kinship carers in Queensland. Membership is voluntary.
- PeakCare Queensland - a non-government body concerned for the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and the support of their families. Its membership includes community agencies working with foster and kinship carers.
- Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak (QATSICPP) - is Queensland's independent, peak body representing the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people.