Your Carer Business Discount Card is accepted at thousands of business outlets throughout Queensland. Participating businesses are encouraged to display 'Carer Business Discount Card welcome here' stickers in windows or near cash registers.
Simply present your card at participating businesses to receive the discount or other offer. Some businesses may ask you to sign for your purchases as proof of identity.
If in doubt, ask the salesperson if they provide a discount to Carer Business Discount Card holders.
A Business Discount Directory is mailed to all new cardholders. The directory lists all the participating businesses in your region and the discounts they provide to cardholders. An updated directory is mailed to you annually (unless you specify otherwise).
You can also search for discounts online to find businesses in your area and across the state that offer discounts to Carer Business Discount Card holders.
If there is a business in your area that you would like to encourage to join the scheme, please let Card Services know. We will send them a registration form explaining that local carers would like their business to be part of the Carer Business Discount Card scheme.
Tips for using your card to save money
- Always ask for the normal retail price before asking for your discount or presenting your card.
- Always present your card prior to receiving a written quote.
- Always present your card prior to payment on over the counter transactions.
- Businesses do not have to honour discounts after transactions have occurred.
- Shop around and compare prices before making a purchase — the discount does not guarantee the best price. Your purchase may be cheaper elsewhere.
- It is recommended that you keep proof of purchase documents in a safe place in case you need to make a claim or seek a refund.
- Know your rights. For more information contact Office of Fair Trading on 13 QGOV (13 7468).