You have decided how you would like to support domestic and family violence prevention within your local community and you've organised the details of your event. Now you need to let people know about it!
- Register your event on the calendar of events.
- Promotional resources for Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month are available. Call the department's Violence Prevention Team on 07 3224 4477.
- Organise flyers and posters four to six weeks prior to your activity or event. Distribute your flyers and posters to local schools, libraries, shopping centres, churches and neighbourhood centres.
- Ask your local schools and other community groups to promote your event in their newsletters to parents.
- Send a community announcement to your local radio station four weeks prior to your event. Some local newspapers also run community announcements for free. The announcement should be approximately 100 words long and include details of your event such as time, date, venue and cost.
- Send a media alert to your local newspaper, radio and television station one week prior to your event.
- Phone your local newspaper, radio and television station and remind them of your event a few days prior to your event.
- On the day of your event, send your local newspaper, radio and television station a media release. Follow up with a phone call during the day.
Further information about community announcements, media alerts and media releases are available from the dealing with the media section of this website.