The Residential Project is an additional section that applies only to Gold Award participants and aims to broaden experience through involvement with others in a residential setting.
Choosing your activity
The following are examples of suitable residential activities:
- coaching and activity courses
- general training and adventure courses
- youth leadership training courses
- cultural experiences - including overseas student exchanges
- leader - Yr 8 Camp
- Overland Track - Tasmania
- International Round Square Conference
- carer for blind camp
- Taste 2007 - Australian Agricultural College
- community service projects - overseas
- Warrant Officers Course - RAAF
You are required to undertake shared purposeful activity, away from your place of residence, for a total period of no less than five days and four nights away, with people who are not your everyday companions.