The Gympie business community threw its support behind their local all abilities playground project, committing cash and in-kind sponsorship to the tune of $157,632.
Speaking on behalf of sponsors during opening celebrations, Jobmatch’s Garry Davison said he was proud of the level of support provided by businesses.
“The more we have available for our community, the stronger we become,” Mr Davison said.
“If you want the best, you must get community buy-in and that is certainly what happened with the all abilities playground.
“Having such a state-of-the-art playground is not only good for our young people, but … [it’s also good for the local economy].
“We now have a five-star facility that will draw tourists and families from far and wide. In the long-term, this will provide an economic stimulus to our region that will benefit all businesses.”
Playground sponsors were presented with certificates during opening celebrations on 3 July.
Platinum Sponsor ($15,000+)
The Peacock Family of Anderleigh Quarry Pty Ltd
Gold Sponsors ($5000+)
- Andrew Hosking Bricklaying
- Budget Steel
- Campbell’s Truck and Bobcat, and Landscape Supplies
- Handy Hire
- HiWay 1 Truck and Bobcat
- Integra Resources
- McDonalds Gympie
- Rainbird Irrigation
Silver Sponsors ($1000+)
- Aqua Pumping and Solar
- Concrete Colour Systems, River Sands
- Hinterland Landscape Supplies
- Googe's Mini Excavations
- Gympie Blue Light Disco Association
- Gympie Municipal Horticultural Society
- Gympie Landscape Supplies
- Gympie Shade and Sails
- John L Towler, Engineer
- Katek Fertilizers Australia
- Mick Jardine, Concretor
- Peter Groves Electrical Gympie
- Plant Connections Wholesale Nursery
- Plants of Noosa
- Project Irrigation
- Site Systems
- Sunset Turf
- TJ Wildman Posi-track and Truck Hire
- Turf Solutions
- Wilson's Commercial Services.