Disability service plans
The Disability Services Act 2006 requires every Queensland Government department to develop a disability service plan.
In these plans, departments need to identify:
- issues regarding service delivery to people with a disability
- ways these issues will be addressed
- how the department's plan complements the plans of other departments.
Ministerial advisory committees
The Disability Services Act 2006 recognises the important role of community representatives in providing advice to the Minister and provides for the establishment of advisory committees.
Some committees have already been established. These include:
- the Disability Council of Queensland
- regional disability councils
- the Complaints Management Quality Committee.