Table of contents:
Dion Harle, a long-serving member of the DS NMDS Team, has accepted another position within Disability Services Queensland for six months, and Aaron Key has been appointed to backfill Dion.
The DS NMDS Team wishes Dion well in his new role, and welcomes Aaron Key to the team.
A big thank you to all the agencies who submitted data for the 2005-06 collection year. DSQ was 100% compliant and non-Government organisations were 96.5% compliant for all quarters, which is a fantastic effort. Thanks also go to the DS NMDS Project Officers who assisted agencies to provide quality data for the 2005-06 collection year.
It is important that all staff that enter and authorise data have the relevant ODC access. Ideally, this audit should be done prior to the lodgement date deadline for each quarter.
System Administrators should ensure that:
- all staff who enter data have a data entry operator login
- all staff who authorise data have an authorising officer login
- all staff that have left the agency have their ODC access removed.
To add or delete a System Administrator, complete a Change of Administrator Form from the DS NMDS website.
To allocate a DSQ staff member an ODC login, complete an ODC User Access Form. Contact the Helpline for a copy of this form.
By now you should have received a fact sheet from the DS NMDS Team regarding changes to ODC and the introduction of the Secure Services Gateway (SSG). If you have not received a fact sheet please contact the DS NMDS Helpline to request a copy.
SSG will become the new login screen for ODC and the Criminal History Screening (CHS) system.
These changes will not affect:
- ODC's web address
- your ODC username or password
- the way you enter and authorise data in ODC.
If you have any queries, please contact the DS NMDS Helpline.
|Month||DS NMDS Activity|
|Sep 2006||Reference week: 24 - 30 Sep|
|Oct 2006||Deadline for first quarter data lodgement: 31 October|
The DS NMDS Helpline provides ongoing support to Queensland service providers.
|July 2006 – Sep 2006||357||106||463|
The 2006-07 collection year is in full swing. Agencies that use ODC should now be gathering data and entering it into ODC. When entering data, you need to perform the following tasks for each quarter:
- Enter your service type outlet (STO) details for the quarter for all service type outlets you work with (see the article in the next column).
- Enter services received for your service users. If you have existing service users you only need to add services received, but if you have new service users, you must enter their details as well as their services received.
- Have your authorising officer authorise the data for the quarter. Note that service type outlet details are not authorised. The authorising officer only authorises services received data.
By following this procedure, your agency will meet its reporting requirements for the quarter.
It is important that you enter STO details as well as service user data into ODC. If you do not do this, DSQ cannot extract your data and your agency will be seen as non-compliant.
To enter data for your service type outlet for a quarter in ODC:
- Select Online Data Collection > Service Type Outlet, then select the quarter for which you are entering data, i.e. if you are entering data for the third quarter, select Quarter 3 (January–March).
- Select the financial year you are entering data for, and then select whether your service type outlet operated for the full quarter. If you select “Yes”, the Start and End dates are automatically filled in, otherwise enter the relevant dates.
- Enter the number of paid and unpaid staff hours during the quarter. Refer to your Data Guide for help on completing these data items.
- Enter the number of service users who have received a service in this quarter, then click on 'Save'. This ensures that your data is recorded in ODC.
DSQ has released a series of DS NMDS regional profiles and an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queensland Service User Profile for 2004-05 that cover the data topics of service outlets, service users and services received. Access the data profiles.
DSQ will be conducting consumer and carer satisfaction surveys. A letter explaining the surveys will be sent shortly to all funded agencies. An independent contractor will be engaged to conduct the confidential surveys which are planned for November 2006.
If you have a query and cannot find the answer after checking the DS NMDS Resource Kit, either call the Helpline or send an email to us. if the Helpline is busy, please leave a message and the Helpline operator will return your call as soon as possible.
- Helpline: 1800 011 102
(8.30 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays)
- Email help: email@example.com