If you have a passion for connecting with adults with an intellectual disability and making a difference to their lives, we want to hear from you.
A forensic disability worker (clinical support) delivers lifestyle and skills support for adults with an intellectual disability and offending behaviours who are clients of the Forensic Disability Service. The aim is to assist the person to transition back to his/her community, implement programs to improve clients' quality of life, reduce the risk of re-engaging in offending behaviour and provide opportunities for community reintegration.
What qualifications do you need?
Forensic disability workers (clinical support) must hold or be able to complete within prescribed timeframe, a Certificate IV in disability.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- a strong sense of social justice and an ability to see every person as unique with the potential for a positive future
- creativity and a willingness to try new approaches to supporting clients
- emotional maturity, personal drive and integrity
- keen observational and analytical skills
- strong communication skills
- the ability to work continuous rotating shifts on a 24/7 basis.
Join the Forensic Disability Service if you want a career that:
- is not your 9 to 5 job
- combines teamwork with individual initiative
- encourages you to apply your skills and experience
- offers variety
- enables you to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
(Salary: AUD$56,027 – AUD$61,641 per annum not including shift allowance, leave loading and superannuation)
Further information about this position is available in the Forensic Disability Worker (Clinical Support) role profile .
Vacancies for these positions arise from time to time, to check availability visit the Queensland Government’s Smart Jobs website.
If you have any further queries, after reading the role profile, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or call 07 3005 8726.
The department can offer visa sponsorship to non-residents of Australia through a Temporary Business Long Stay Visa (Sub-class 457).