Positive Futures is one of the most significant reforms ever undertaken in Queensland's disability sector.
This important initiative promotes a positive behaviour support approach for providing stronger protection of rights and a better life for adults with an intellectual or cognitive disability who exhibit challenging behaviours.
Positive Futures aims to:
- improve practices across the disability sector by encouraging the use of evidence-based positive behaviour support practices
- allow families and guardians to work with service providers to help improve the lives of the adults with a disability
- recognise the commitment of service providers to positive behaviour support and assisting people with a disability to live a good life
- provide opportunities for adults with a disability to develop new skills that enable them to participate actively and safely in their community.
Website under review
(As at 29 November 2012)
All information on the Positive Futures Website is currently under review due to the 2012 Machinery of Government changes. All links, publications and resources, including the Policy and Procedures, are being reviewed.
Until the review is complete and new publications and resources are available, service providers and family members should contact Disability Services with any queries. The contact details for any queries in relation to information on this website are as follows:
- Telephone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)*
- TTY: 133 677
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Cost of a local call. Calls made from mobile phones are charged at applicable rates.
For a full list of our regional office contacts visit: Disability Services regional offices.
Please refer to the Key Updates page for some additional information.