Under the Disability Services Act (Qld) 2006, each Queensland Government department is required to develop a disability service plan (DSP). DSPs outline the way each department is working to improve access to government services and to provide appropriate services for people with a disability and their families.
During 2007-10, DSPs focussed on improving staff attitudes and awareness, access to buildings and information and communication, reviewing policies and procedures so they better meet the needs of people with a disability, establishing mechanisms that make it easier for people with a disability to make complaints, and improving recruitment and retention practices.
In 2010, the Queensland Government determined that future DSPs would include actions and commitments to support the delivery of a 10-year plan for supporting Queenslanders with a disability. In September 2011, the Queensland Government launched Absolutely everybody: enabling Queenslanders with a disability a 10-year plan to create communities where people with a disability lead valued and fulfilling lives.
Absolutely everybody will be implemented through three-year whole-of government action plans. Queensland Government departments’ DSPs set out agency-specific commitments in the action plans. Each Queensland Government department’s DSP 2011-14 can be viewed by clicking on the relevant link below
Links to Queensland Government Disability Service Plans
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
- Department of Environment and Resource Management
- Queensland Health
- Department of Local Government and Planning
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Queensland Police Service
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Queensland Treasury
The Queensland Government reports on DSPs annually. The reports highlight the progress, achievements and significant improvements in government services for people with a disability.
- Disability Service Plan whole-of-government annual progress report 2008 Disability Service Plan whole-of-government annual progress report 2008
- Disability Service Plan whole-of-government annual progress report 2009 Disability Service Plan whole-of-government annual progress report 2009
- Disability Service Plan whole-of-government annual progress report 2010 Disability Service Plan whole-of-government annual progress report 2010