Our vision, purpose and key priorities
The department’s vision is to support a resilient Queensland through excellence in human services. We aim to improve the wellbeing, safety, inclusion and cohesion in our communities.
Our purpose is to lead excellence in contemporary frontline human services to Queenslanders.
To realise our vision and purpose, the department will provide support and services to people most in need. We will achieve this by:
- efficient and effective service and program delivery
- focusing on early and primary interventions
- designing legislation, policies and programs that support the revitalisation of frontline service delivery
- developing and maintaining strong partnerships with non-government stakeholders
- simplified organisational structures, and
- collaborative relationships across the department.
We will ensure that service delivery provides value for money and continues to be our highest priority.
The 2012–2016 Strategic Plan communicates our vision, purpose and priorities for the next four years as we work with our government and non-government partners to provide excellence in direct and funded services.
Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services Organisational Arrangements consist of the following areas:
- Internal Audit and Compliance
- Complaints and Review
- Strategic, Policy and Programs
- Projects and Reform
- Corporate and Executive Services.
These arrangements are an important step toward meeting the department's mission of delivering services and support that build fair, cohesive and vibrant Queensland communities.
They also provide a solid foundation for delivering early intervention services when they are most needed by our clients.