We offer excellent incentives to people who are willing to work in remote and regional locations. Incentives and benefits include:
- an annual incentive payment for full-time and part-time staff serving in designated remote and regional locations (payable at six-monthly intervals)
- the flexibility for staff to allocate their incentive payment according to their personal preferences and needs
- up to 5 years accommodation assistance for eligible staff
- transfer provisions for remote and regional staff once they have completed the minimum 3 year service period
- up to 10 days additional leave per year in certain locations
- a fortnightly locality allowance
- access to the department’s online induction and specialised training and support programs, including cultural competence training.
What are some lifestyle benefits?
Working in a remote and regional community can provide a unique lifestyle with benefits which include opportunities to:
- develop relationships within a small community environment where you immediately see the results of your work
- develop or enhance your leadership skills
- pursue new activities and interests
- experience the natural attractions of rural and remote locations.