An overview of the available pages on this site.
The department offers services supporting children, youth, older people, volunteers, families, people experiencing homelessness and domestic and family violence.
This help section is designed to assist you in the use of the department's web site by addressing some common issues.
Information about this website.
Information about reform and renewal within the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
- Child and family The Queensland Government has outlined its reform agenda for supporting Queensland families and keeping children safe.
- Disability services The Queensland Government has outlined its plan to prepare Queensland for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and to support a more accessible and inclusive Queensland.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme in Queensland The National Disability Insurance Scheme NDIS will start in Queensland from 1 July 2016 and will be fully implemented by 30 June 2019. Find out more about what it means for Queenslanders and what the Queensland Government is doing to get Queensland ready for the scheme.
- Queensland Government Disability Plans The Queensland Disability Plan 2014-19: Enabling choices and opportunities is the Queensland Governments plan to transition to the NDIS and make mainstream services accessible and inclusive. The Queensland Government Disability Service Plans 2014-16 include actions to deliver the Queensland Disability Plan.
- Social investment The Queensland Government is committed to reforming the way we engage and contract with the social services sector.
Funding available, service improvement measures, approved service providers, service agreements, non-government access to interpreting service.
Information about a career with the Department of Communities including career options, salary, leave entitlements, study assistance, superannuation and other flexible and rewarding employment conditions.
News and events from the department.
A list of the support and services offered by the department.
Content provided for general public consumption as part of the Open Data initiative.