The Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003 requires that park owners fully disclose important information to prospective home owners using Manufactured Homes Form 1—Home owners' information document .
The home owners' information document gives prospective home owners for a site in a residential park information to help them make an informed decision about entering into a site agreement.
The information document also ensures both parties clearly understand their rights and responsibilities under the proposed site agreement. This helps reduce the possibility of misunderstandings.
When organising site agreements with a new resident, or assigning a home owner's interest to a person, park owners must complete this information document.
Park owners need to complete all relevant information including:
- the address and real property description
- the park owner and manager's name and business address
- details of any authority (approval, consent, licence or permit) issued under law that is necessary for park operation
- details of the communal facilities
- an outline of the park owners and the home owners basic responsibilities
- how site rent may be varied
- the ways in which a site agreement may be terminated
- how a home owner may assign (transfer) their interest in a site agreement
- information relating to dispute resolution processes and how site agreement disputes may be resolved
- the recommendation that the home owner seek independent legal advice before entering into or agreeing to the transfer of a site agreement.