The Queensland Water Commission eased compulsory water restrictions in South East Queensland in July 2008, allowing residents to use up to 170 litres a day if needed.
Under the Target 170 campaign, households now have limited use of a hand held hose, fitted with a trigger or twist nozzle, between the hours of 4.00pm and 4.30pm only as follows:
- odd numbered houses on Saturdays, and
- even numbered houses on Sunday.
You cannot use a hand held hose to:
- water your lawn, or
- hose hard surfaces like pavements, pathways and driveways.
A hand held hose, fitted with a trigger or twist nozzle, can be used to:
- wash a car
- clean down part of a house
- clean off building materials or equipment, or
- water gardens and plants.
For full details on water restrictions, visit the Queensland Water Commission website.