The Department of Housing has recently made a number of significant changes as part of one social housing system.
- combining the waiting lists for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing and community and public housing to create one waiting list
- introducing one application form for all housing assistance
- introducing common eligibility criteria for all department-managed housing programs
- introducing four- and 10-year household review for all tenants that signed tenancy agreements for department-managed housing after 1 January 2006
- introducing four- and 10-year household reviews for all clients housed by community and local government managed-housing providers after February 2007
- developing the Specific Needs Housing policy to help those in greatest housing need.