Resources and publications
Forms and templates
For more foster care forms and templates, refer to the Chapter 8. Regulation of care resources in the Child Safety Practice Manual.
Guides and manuals
News and events
Policies and procedures
Children in care
Foster and kinship care
For foster or kinship carers
- Foster and kinship care - information on the Queensland Government website about foster care, becoming a foster or kinship carer, information for existing foster and kinship carers, and for young people in care.
- Foster and kinship care information pack - information for people interested in becoming a foster or kinship carer in Queensland.
- Carer Business Discount Card - learn more about the Carer Business Discount Card, which is issued to approved foster and kinship carers to help them save on goods and services at participating businesses.
- Community foster care agencies - list of community agencies involved in foster care services in Queensland.
- Foster Care Queensland - peak body for foster carers in Queensland.
- Hands On Scotland - a Scottish government sponsored online resource for anyone working with children and young people.
- Indigenous foster care agencies - list of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander foster care agencies in Queensland.
- Kidscount - Australian Childhood Foundation website providing parenting information about raising happy and confident children in a number of languages.
- PeakCare Queensland - peak organisation of non-government service providers in the child protection sector.
For young people in care or transitioning to independence
- Young people in care - information on the Queensland Government website for young people in or transitioning from care about family group meetings, case plans, education support plans, child health passports, leaving care, standards of care, and making a complaint.
- CREATE Foundation - connects and empowers children and young people in care and improves the care system through activities, programs, training and policy advice.
- Create your future - a guide for young people leaving care.