Disability Services Partnership Forum
The Disability Services Partnership Forum provides an important and valuable connection between the department and Queensland’s disability sector.
The forum is central to ensuring that Queensland continues to have a viable disability sector until full transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) by June 2019.
Forum members work together to provide improved outcomes for people with disability, their families and carers, and service providers.
As part of the partnership forum, members actively:
- raise and share issues facing the sector and department, and identify workable solutions
- provide advice and feedback in the development of strategies and policies, including sector preferred approaches
- provide input to key policies and practice
- develop links between the disability and mental health sectors
- provide advice to streamline existing systems and services
- identify NDIS related ideas and issues to progress to the appropriate areas and planning groups.
Meetings are held bi-monthly.
In 2016, meetings will be held on:
- 11 February
- 13 April
- 9 June
- 11 August
- 13 October
- 8 December
Key messages from discussions will be posted for information following each meeting.
Forum members are invited based on their experience and representation in the sector, as well as their ability to represent issues and access a range of networks.
The forum is chaired by the Executive Director, Disability Services Commissioning, Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
i. Sector representatives
- Paige Armstrong, Chief Executive Officer, Queenslanders with Disability Network
- Sharon Boyce, Chair, Queensland Disability Advisory Council
- Russell Brighouse, Senior Project Manager, Ozcare
- Debra Cottrell, Chief Executive Officer, Carers Queensland
- Joanne Jessop, Chair, National Disability Services State Committee
- Richard Nelson, State Manager, National Disability Services Queensland
- Michelle O’Flynn, Director, Qld Advocacy Incorporated
- Jo Priestley, NDIS Manager, Synapse
- Geoff Rowe, Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Aged and Disability Advocacy Inc.
- Elizabeth (Liz) Sutton, Vice-Chair, National Disability Services State Committee
- Angela Tillmanns, Member, National Disability Services State Committee
- Kris Trott, Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Alliance for Mental Health
- Glenys Webby, Director, Strategy and Service Planning, Blue Care.
ii. Departmental representatives
- Executive Director, Disability Services Commissioning [Chair]
- Senior Executive Director, Policy and Legislation
- Executive Director, Centre of Excellence for Clinical Innovation and Behaviour Support
- Regional Executive Director
- Regional Director, Disability Services.
Minutes from past meetings: