Centre of Excellence for Clinical Innovation and Behaviour Support
The Centre of Excellence for Clinical Innovation and Behaviour Support oversees the practice reforms arising out of the Disability Services Act amendments by:
Providing guidelines and educative resources, including:
Delivering training, including:
- training to disability service providers in all regions of Queensland to build sector capacity to develop and implement positive behaviour support plans
- training to professionals working in the disability sector on undertaking assessments of people with challenging behaviour to increase the capacity of assessors and the quality of assessments, as well as increasing the pool of trained assessors
- awareness training to disability professionals and service providers about working with people with impaired capacity to assist them to understand their rights
- delivering training and information sessions for family members and for guardians for restrictive practice, about roles and responsibilities under the framework, rights, and positive behaviour supports that reduce the need for restrictive practices
- training in functional assessment and positive behaviour interventions for disability sector staff.
Please email us to register your interest in training.
The online induction to positive behaviour support training is available.
Overseeing reporting and recording, including:
- monitoring the use of restrictive practices, including developing reporting requirements and resources for service providers to assist with their reporting, and developing the system for reporting.
Contact the Centre on 1800 902 006 or email enquiries_DSA_RP@communities.qld.gov.au.
Alternatively, you may wish to contact your local office.