For students - Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services (Queensland Government)

Error - Your browser does not support Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2, which is required to access this site.
All the latest versions of popular browsers support TLS 1.2, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Please upgrade your existing browser, or utilise an alternate browser to access this site.

For students

The department recognises the benefits of unpaid work placement programs and is committed to providing opportunities for students to participate in vocational student placements and voluntary work experience. Opportunities may be available in metropolitan and regional centres in various service areas of our department including:

  • Community Services
  • Disability Services
  • Child Safety
  • Corporate

All unpaid work placements are assessed on a case-by-case basis provided all requirements are met (please see requirements below). Due to the high number of request for placement, the department cannot guarantee that an unpaid work placement will be offered upon completion of the associated request forms.

If you are successful in securing a placement with our department, criminal history screening processes apply, including blue card and yellow card screening where applicable. 

If you have lived in New Zealand for a period of 12 months or more in the past 10 Years additional screening may be required.

Please note: The department does not accept request from international students for vocational student placement or work experience.

If you are seeking paid employment please visit Smart Jobs

  • Vocational student placement

    Placement information for students seeking unpaid work placement within relevant streams of the department.

  • Work experience students

    Placement information for students voluntarily seeking unpaid work placement within relevant streams within the department.

Is your feedback

Please submit your comments on the department's Compliments and Complaints section.

Please submit your comments on the Queensland Government website Contacts form.