Gambling Help Services tender now open
Organisations are invited to submit tenders for delivering services to support people experiencing and affected by problem gambling.
Funds are available for:
- the delivery of counselling, case management and community education services in 12 areas across Queensland — Gold Coast, Logan, Ipswich, Toowoomba and South West Queensland, Brisbane and Redlands, Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay and Burnett, Rockhampton and Central Queensland, Mackay, Townsville and North West Queensland, and Cairns and Far North Queensland
- the operation of a statewide crisis counselling telephone helpline to provide information, advice and referrals 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
It is expected that these services focus on delivering the following results for clients and the community:
- reducing the severity of clients’ problem gambling behaviour
- enhancing their knowledge and skills for recognising and reducing problem gambling, including seeking help
- improving other areas of their lives impacted by problem gambing (for example, health, relationships, housing and employment)
- increasing their resilience and self-reliance
- enhancing community understanding and awareness of problem gambling.
Organisations may tender to deliver services in a single area, part area or a number of areas. They may also tender to operate the statewide helpline in addition to, or separately from, a tender for other required services.
The tender specifications provide further details about catchment areas and locations, available funds and services required.
For any queries, please contact the Community Services Investment team on 3006 8816.
4.00 pm Friday 31 July 2015
Tender specification – Gambling Help Services Tender specification – Gambling Help Services
Budgeting tool Budgeting tool
Brisbane and Redlands map
Gold Coast map
Mackay and Whitsunday map
Moreton Bay map
Rockhampton and Central map
Sunshine Coast map
Wide Bay map