An overview of the available pages on this site.
The department offers services supporting children, youth, older people, volunteers, families domestic and family violence.
This help section is designed to assist you in the use of the department's web site by addressing some common issues.
Information about this website.
Information about reform and renewal within the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
- Child and family The Queensland Government has outlined its reform agenda for supporting Queensland families and keeping children safe.
- Disability services The Queensland Government has outlined its plan to prepare Queensland for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and to support a more accessible and inclusive Queensland.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme in Queensland The National Disability Insurance Scheme NDIS will start in Queensland from 1 July 2016 and will be fully implemented by 2019. Find out more about what it means for Queenslanders and what the Queensland Government is doing to get Queensland ready for the scheme.
- Queensland Government Disability Plans The Queensland Disability Plan 2014-19: Enabling choices and opportunities is the Queensland Governments plan to transition to the NDIS and make mainstream services accessible and inclusive. The Queensland Government Disability Service Plans 2014-16 include actions to deliver the Queensland Disability Plan.
- Social investment The Government is developing a program of social investment reforms, to be implemented over the coming years, in response to feedback from the social services sector and recommendations from the Commission of Audit Final Report.
Consolidated and streamlined quality standards for human services in Queensland.
Information about a career with the Department of Communities including career options, salary, leave entitlements, study assistance, superannuation and other flexible and rewarding employment conditions.
News and events from the department.
A list of the support and services offered by the department.
- Our organisation
- Our Ministers Read the profiles for Coralee ORourke, Minister for Disability Services, Minister for Seniors and Minister Assisting the Premier on North Queensland and Shannon Fentiman, Minister for Communities, Women and Youth, Minister for Child Safety and Minister for Multicultural Affairs.
- Putting customers first Read our customer service vision and how we are working to improve the experience of customers when accessing our information and services.
- Compliments and Complaints feedback Information about the departments complaints management policy and procedure
- Right to Information The Right to Information is the Queensland Governments approach to giving the community greater access to information.
- Publication scheme Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available from the department. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by government...
- Disclosure log Section 78 of the RTI Act requires the department to include certain information to a Disclosure Log as soon as practicable after a valid access application is made, in particular, the details of the information being sought as stated in the application and the date the application was made.
- State Budget
- Corporate publications A listing of the departments corporate publications.
- Social media
- Contact us
Content provided for general public consumption as part of the Open Data initiative.
Stronger Families will deliver information and links into other agency sites about the initiatives coming out of the Queensland Government's reform agenda for a new child and family support system.