An overview of the available pages on this site.
The department offers services supporting children, youth, older people, volunteers, families domestic and family violence.
This help section is designed to assist you in the use of the department's web site by addressing some common issues.
Information about this website.
Information about reform and renewal within the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
- Child and family The Queensland Government has outlined its reform agenda for supporting Queensland families and keeping children safe.
- Disability services The Queensland Government has outlined its plan to prepare Queensland for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and to support a more accessible and inclusive Queensland.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme in Queensland The National Disability Insurance Scheme NDIS will start in Queensland from 1 July 2016 and will be fully implemented by 2019. Find out more about what it means for Queenslanders and what the Queensland Government is doing to get Queensland ready for the scheme.
- Queensland Government Disability Plans The Queensland Disability Plan 2014-19: Enabling choices and opportunities is the Queensland Governments plan to transition to the NDIS and make mainstream services accessible and inclusive. The Queensland Government Disability Service Plans 2014-16 include actions to deliver the Queensland Disability Plan.
- Social Services The Department is currently engaging with industry stakeholders to develop a Queensland Community Services Jobs, Skills and Industry Strategy. This strategy will replace Investing in Queenslanders: Social and human services investment blueprint 20142019 the Blueprint.
Consolidated and streamlined quality standards for human services in Queensland.
Information about a career with the Department of Communities including career options, salary, leave entitlements, study assistance, superannuation and other flexible and rewarding employment conditions.
We deliver a number of social marketing and promotional campaigns to build awareness and engagement across a range of issues. Have a look at our latest campaigns to see how you can get involved.
- Our organisation
- Our Ministers Read the profiles for Coralee ORourke, Minister for Disability Services, Minister for Seniors and Minister Assisting the Premier on North Queensland and Shannon Fentiman, Minister for Communities, Women and Youth, Minister for Child Safety and Minister for Multicultural Affairs.
- Putting customers first Read our customer service vision and how we are working to improve the experience of customers when accessing our information and services.
- Compliments and Complaints feedback Information about how to submit a compliment or make a complaint.
- Right to Information The Right to Information is the Queensland Governments approach to giving the community greater access to information.
- Publication scheme Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available from the department. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by government...
- Disclosure log Section 78 of the RTI Act requires the department to include certain information to a Disclosure Log as soon as practicable after a valid access application is made, in particular, the details of the information being sought as stated in the application and the date the application was made.
- State Budget
- Corporate publications A listing of the departments corporate publications.
- Social media
- Contact us
Content provided for general public consumption as part of the Open Data initiative.
Stronger Families will deliver information and links into other agency sites about the initiatives coming out of the Queensland Government's reform agenda for a new child and family support system.
- Creating Stronger Families Information about the Stronger Families Reform Program, including the establishment of the Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry, the Inquirys findings, and the Queensland Government response and investment.
- Partners in reform Nine Regional Child and Family Committees exist across Queensland to facilitate connections and drive implementation of the child and family reforms at regional and local levels.
The Queensland Government is taking action to end domestic and family violence.
Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services campaign sites.
- Christmas Care Appeal From 16 November to 4 December, donate a gift to the appeal and support Queenslanders who have left a domestic violence situation to build a new life for themselves and their children in 2016.